The Maastricht University (UM) NL-High Potential Scholarship programme offers 24 full scholarships of €30.000 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s programme at UM.
Maastricht University, Netherlands
Field of study:
List of participating Master’s programmes for 2024-25 under this scholarship programme.
Number of Awards:
International students from a country outside the EU/EEA.
The scholarship covers living expenses (€12,350 – 13 months; €23,750 – 25 months), health and liability insurance (€700), visa application costs (€210), tuition fee (at cost), and pre-academic training costs.
The High Potential scholarship is awarded for the duration of the Master’s programme – 13 months for a one-year master’s programme and 25 months for a two-year master’s programme.
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- • You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, , Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- • You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- • You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2024-2025 academic year
- • You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied.
- • You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme, a primary education programme, or secondary education programme in the Netherlands. Students who completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- • You are not over 35 years of age on 1 September 2024.
- • You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, we will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2023/24 scholarship programme applicants.
Closing Date : 1 Feb 2024