Suitably qualified candidates
FIN 114/23 ext
Basic Salary: R528 114.00 p.a.
FINANCE Professional Officer
- LLB Bachelor’s Degree
- 3- 5 years’ relevant experience in Legal, Contract
Management or Research Field within local Government.
- Knowledge of local government Legislation, policies and delegations as well as municipal Contract Management processes and policies.
- Computer Proficiency (MS Office Applications)
- A valid EB/B/C driver’s licence.
Key Performance Areas
- To assist the Revenue department in being legally compliant with legislation, By-laws and Policy and to provided legal views prior to approaching the City Legal Services.
- Manage the tracking of all new, amended or repealed legislation which has an impact on department’s operations/services.
- Manage and conduct any necessary research to determine whether policies are compliant with national and local legislation, judgments and Council By-laws and other policy.
- Assist in drafting policies or drafting amendments to policy especially the Credit Control and Debt Collection Policy.
- Attend to correspondence and enquiries with a legal element
as well as providing legal advice to Director: Revenue by drafting and furnishing opinions and/or
recommendations/motivations as well as consulting corporate Legal services for professional guidance.
- Provide guidance and advice to officials responsible for contracts and tenders within the Revenue Department and ensure that the Department comply with legislation and all the regulations.
- Assist Revenue officials by coordinating the formulation of specific contracts and tender documents. Controls contractual obligations by ensuring contractual terms and conditions entered into and agreed to, are complied with and specific responsibilities discharged accordingly without any risk to the City in order to mitigate lack of service delivery.
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Closing Date :11.12.2023