Job Advert Summary
TB HIV Care (THC), is an established and highly respected nongovernmental organisation. We have a reputation for providing excellent, professional health services and we enjoy strong relationships with our staff, service beneficiaries, funders and other stakeholders and partners. We provide health care services throughout South Africa to both the general population and communities at increased risk for HIV and TB, including adolescent girls and young women, sex workers and people who use drugs. THC provides a stimulating work environment and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field of HIV and TB prevention and care. Our work culture is adapted to the constantly-evolving South African health care environment and will suit solution-driven team players interested in opportunities for career development while working to connect people with care.
Purpose of the position:
The Data Capturer supports the PPPrev programme and DoH with data triangulation by ensuring that outreach data flow and management is established at facility level in accordance with DoH data management policies and procedures. The Data Capturer will support consolidation of facility and partner data and ensure that this data management policy is implemented correctly.
- Grade 12 (level 4 qualification or higher)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in using TIER.Net and WebDHIS
- Background or interest in HIV and public health
- Needs to be self-motivated to attend all training sessions and required to complete assessments (portfolio work) for accredited training.
- Fully computer literate in MS Office
- Able to communicate in English and isiZulu is an advantage
- Clear criminal record
- Driver’s license and ability to drive
Duties and Responsibilities
- Capturing and consolidating facility data
- Ensures that all weekly, monthly and quarterly data is received, captured and consolidated
- Update databases with weekly, monthly and quarterly data
- Format and structure data according to requirements
- Keep and maintain a register of who is responsible for data submission at each facility
- Notify the M&E coordinator and other relevant staff if data is not submitted on time and keep record of all data submissions
- Interact with colleagues and project management to ensure fulfilment of project objectives
- Interact with Department of Health and THC staff to capture relevant subject-related information
- Filing and administrative duties as required
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Closing Date : 24th November, 2023