WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The main purpose of the Technician is to be responsible for the manufacturing, assembly and testing of rocket propulsion, warhead, mine-breaching or aircraft-bomb related products. This includes but is not limited to procurement of product hardware and components, as well as the design, procurement and commissioning of tooling, equipment and support hardware required for assembly, integration, processing and test activities. Preparation of project documentation such as manufacturing drawings, assembly instructions, works instructions and test instructions, as well as build records and associated reports. Accountable for driving the execution of assembly tasks in conjunction with Operations facilities and personnel, as well as arranging and driving the execution of test activities in conjunction with Test facilities and personnel. Provide general technical support related to development and production
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Use of 3D & 2D CAD modelling software to design components, hardware, tooling & test equipment.
- Use of SAP ERP system to load and track procurement requests and activities.
- Managing, facilitating and commissioning of hardware, tooling and equipment related to assembly, integration, and processing and test activities.
- Planning & preparation for assembly & testing activities (definition, quantities, hardware required, resources required, estimations of cast & schedule).
- Collaborate with Production & Test facilities and personnel to drive the execution and support of production and test actions.
- Facilitating effective communication between and design and execution teams.
- Ensuring safe and efficient execution of assembly and testing with accurate results.
- Identify and communicate issues/problems and drive the execution of the solutions.
- Compilation of manufacturing drawings, assembly instructions, works instructions test instructions, all within the RDM Product Life Cycle Management and Configuration Management context.
- Collate assembly and test results, analyse, and interpret.
- Compilation of build records, test records and associated reports.
- Working in conjunction with Production, Quality, and Test departments to enable efficient execution of projects.
- Provide inputs for technical training requirements.
- Assist in the training, development and support of junior team members and new entries.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- National Diploma in Engineering or equivalent.
- BTech in Engineering would be advantageous.
- 3 -5 years’ experience in defense of high-tech industry.
- Good analytical & problem solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical computer literacy (e.g. 2D & 3D CAD).
- Administrative computer literacy (e.g. MS Office Applications, ERP systems).
- Knowledge of different fabricating and manufacturing methods
- Knowledge of designing for manufacturing, assembly and testing of hardware
- Knowledge of configuration management principles.
- Knowledge of engineering standards.
- Knowledge of procurement principles.
- Knowledge of quality principles
- Clear security screening record.
- Ability to work methodically & precisely.
- Proactive, diligent, systematic and organized approach to planning and execution of tasks and activities.
- Ability to deliver on agreed upon milestones and targets.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions based on sound assessment.
- Ability to work in a team & facilitate good communication within a team.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Demonstrate integrity and trustworthiness, and upholding RDM’s ethics, values and code of conduct.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about daily work.
- Demonstrated competence w.r.t. mechanical design and manufacturing principles.
- Ability to effectively analyse technical problems and devise solutions.
- Ability to communicate technical matters to suppliers, co-workers and superiors.
- Ability to effectively document technical procedures and processes.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Market-related salary
- 13th Cheque
- Medical Aid
- Pension Fund
- Incentive Bonus
- Bursary Schemes
Location: Somerset West, Western Cape
Closing Date : 10th December, 2023