This posting will be used to fill one (1) full time permanent position in Dawson City, Yukon.
Highways and Public Works – who we are
Employees at Highways and Public Works are responsible for ensuring safe and efficient public highways, airstrips, buildings, and information systems. Our collective vision is to make a difference in the lives of Yukoners. At all levels of our organization, we value leadership, innovation, teamwork, and keeping our people safe. Our priorities are to be client focused, to support our people, to build sustainably, and to advance reconciliation throughout Yukon.
The position of, Cleaning Attendant, is responsible for maintaining government facilities and surrounding grounds in accordance with standards established by the department. Duties include all aspects of custodial work including floor care, general cleaning and sanitizing, snow clearing, detection and reporting of facility maintenance needs and safety issues as well as other related duties.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please review this information: Apply on a job | Government of Yukon
Essential Qualifications (what we are looking for in your resume):
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications listed below; specifically, how your work experience and related duties align with these essential qualifications. (Ensure a month/year-to-month/year format is used for each work experience. For more information about preparing your resume for a Yukon government posting please, review this information: Prepare, add and edit your cover letter and resume. Note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.)
- Experience performing light and heavy cleaning duties using janitorial equipment; and
- Experience performing minor maintenance in multi-use buildings.
If your resume shows education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above, your application may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability (what candidates will be assessed on):
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities;
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Reliability, with a good work ethic;
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team or individual environment; and
- Ability to recognize and address safety issues.
Conditions of Employment
- Obtain and maintain RCMP vulnerable sector check security clearance before hire;
- WHMIS Certificate (to be obtained within 3 months of hire).
- Occasionally working outside in adverse weather conditions;
- Mandatory use of personal protective equipment;
- Evening shifts during the school year.
- Find out what we offer our employees
- See why Yukon government has been identified as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2014
If you have questions about this position, please contact Ryan Paolini at Ryan.Paolini@yukon.ca.
If you have questions about applying on a job with Yukon government or if you need an accommodation for this staffing process, please contact Katrina Russell, Human Resources Consultant, at Katrina.Russell@yukon.ca
Do NOT email resumes to above email addresses. Your application must be submitted through the E-Recruitment system to be considered. Please familiarize yourself early with the system. If you need assistance, please contact Efirstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Dawson, YT
Closing Date : 5th October, 2023