The Port Moody Public Library is seeking a creative and energetic Library Technician with a passion for customer service. This Auxiliary position reports to the Digital & Information Services Coordinator, and provide reader’s advisory, reference and tech help services for all ages.
This position is primarily dedicated to providing information desk support providing reference and reader’s advisory services. The position works as part of a team that assists the public in using public Internet computers, the library’s on-line catalogue and the library’s print and online resources. The position will assist with special project work as needed. The position may also assist with collection maintenance and development and with cataloguing and acquisitions tasks. Applicants with interest or expertise in providing youth services may also undertake children’s programs such as Storytime and class visits.
Auxiliary Library Technicians work on an on-call and as-needed basis. The position may be offered shifts from Monday to Sunday, including evenings and holidays. Applicants who only have limited availability may not be considered.
- A diploma in Library and Information Technology plus a minimum of six months job related experience.
- Knowledge of adult and children’s literature and reference resources.
- Ability to instruct/assist the public with using a variety of computer applications and devices (e.g. computers, laptops, tablets), and with accessing library resources such as eBooks. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to deal with challenging patrons.
- Computer skills and knowledge of automated library systems.
- Cataloguing expertise with a variety of materials.
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and to work collaboratively with others to improve services in a dynamic, collegial team environment.
Please note that employment with the Port Moody Public Library is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory criminal records search. Due to criminal records search requirements, applicants must be over 16 years of age.
Location: 100 Newport Dr, Port Moody, BC
Closing Date : 6th October, 2023